Sunday 13 May 2018

Sitges

From Tarragona, I was close enough to Sitges to catch local trains instead of long distance expresses requiring bookings. I had to make one transfer, at Vilanova i la Geltrú.

This is the ticket I bought from a vending machine. Notice that for form of payment it reads Metalico, meaning cash. Paying by card would have elicited Plastico of course.


About an hour later, I was checked into my hotel, El Xalet, which was just a stone's throw from the train station, and only about 5 minutes walk to the beach. Along the way I had a falafel lunch at Pita Sitges which served very good middle eastern vegetarian fare.

A pretty blue hotel on the beach strip.


The palm lined esplanade.


This is the Museu Maricel Sala D'Exposicions Temporals Sala Vaixells, not a church. It was a cool and windy day so hardly anybody was out on the beach.


Also parts of the esplanade were under renovation before the summer season started in earnest.


That didn't deter everybody, it being a Sunday.


On the main pedestrian street I bought a sweet pastry from this patisserie.


One of the spires of my hotel on the rooftop.


In the evening I had a simple roast chicken dinner and walked around the city afterwards.


That seaside hotel again.


The museum, lit up.


A jamón Ibérico shop.


One of the larger restaurants.


A cozier corner restaurant.

Sitges, though touristy, had its charms.

And that was my final night in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment